Monday 27 February 2012

Initial Ideas: 27/02/12

When I first heard the music clip, the pixelation technique came into my head. I could see the effects working well with the song.

I began thinking more about what I could do with the pixelation technique to make it more interesting and stand out. I thought that manipulating the colours in the video was something that would be visually exciting and keep the audience interested, because when using some techniques there's the danger of losing the interest of the audience after they've seen the effect for the first 10 seconds. I therefore thought that I could start with a black and white pixelation effect and after 10 seconds change to a combination of black and white with a colour tint, and then after another 10 seconds replace the black and white with another colour tint. This would give the effect of a build up, getting brighter and more colourful throughout the music.

I am going to work on some test pixelation work as well as colour manipulation to see if my idea will work and be visually pleasing.

While I have decided on the technique I want to use to create my music video, I have decided what I want the visuals to be, which is of course the most important part. The song makes it difficult in a sense because the lyrics don't make much sense and seem random, more like a poem than a song which usually tells a story. If the lyrics told a specific story it would be easier to decide on appropriate visuals. I am going to brainstorm some ideas and will hopefully come up with something this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment