Monday 19 March 2012

Post presentation 19/03/12

After presenting my music video in class today, there were certain things that were pointed out to me and suggestions of what I could change to make the piece better. The tutors did not like the cartoon effect I had added at the end and suggested I remove that and replace it with something more original and subtle. Athough I quite liked the cartoon effect I decided to take their advice and change it for something a little bit different. I added a rough texture to the footage and added an image of different shapes made up of lines to the background, which I made more translucent by turning the opacity down. This gave the piece a nice, artistic feel which I liked.

Another thing the tutors said was that the artwork I had produced for the piece was nice and it ws a shame that the black and white effect and colour tints had taken away from the colours and vibrancy of the original piece. I therefore decided I was going to mask out the artwork and keyframe it to move with the footage so that the original image of the artwork would be seen through the colour effects. However I hit a problem as I have used a pixelation technique which means the fluid motion of the keyframes doesn't fit with the footage. I really want to create this effect so I will seek advice and keep trying to mask the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment