Thursday 15 March 2012

Shooting and Editing day: 15/03/12

Today I shot the photographs for my music video. I met the 5 people who were to be in the video at a park, told them about the project and what I wanted them to do and set my equipment up. Once they had been briefed about what they were doing, I took the photographs. The shoot took about 45 minutes to do.

I then brought the photographs home and uploaded them onto my computer. I brought them in After Effects as a JPEG sequence and added the music clip in with it. When I RAM previewed the image sequence it was way too fast and took only 3 seconds to run through all 68 images I had taken. I therefore used time stretch to make the sequence run at the same time as the music clip (31 seconds). When the timing was set up, I then went on the add the colour tints to duplicate layers and keyframe the opacity of the different layers so that the sequence would change colour as it progressed. I started with a black and white effect and then added in red, blue, yellow, purple and green colour tints to add interest and fun to the clip.

However when I had done this, I felt there was something missing from the piece. So I decided to have a look through the stylize menu on After Effects for inspiration. I came across the Cartoon style and applied it to my work, just to see what it would look like. I was surprised by how interesting it looked and how much it added to my work, so I decided to keep it.

I am going to revisit the clip this weekend to see if there is anything else that I can add, perhaps some text or graphics.



 First 10 seconds: 1 group member

 Second 10 seconds: 3 group members

Third 10 seconds: 5 group members

No comments:

Post a Comment